Microwave fire at flat

First published in

A FIRE broke out in a flat in the Layerthorpe area of York after a wheat-warming pack was left in a microwave oven too long, say fire officers.

Crews from York were called to the flat shortly before 9.30pm on Tuesday, but said the flames were out on their arrival.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree