York Central (House of Commons)
Mr Hugh Bayley MP (Labour)
Surgery: 59 Holgate Road
Surgery Tel: 01904 623713
MP Since - 1992 Majority - 6,451 Born - 09/01/1952, Married, 1 son, 1 daughter.
Education - Haileybury School, Bristol University, York University.
Previous Occupation - National Officer (NALGO) (1975-82). General Secretary International Broadcasting Trust (making films on the Environment & International Development for Channel 4) (1982-86), Lecturer in Social Policy at the University of York (1986-92). Research Fellow in Health Economics (1987-92).
Personal Overview - A moderate Labour member, with University and Trade Union experience. He has interests in Health, economic policy, World Development and reform of the electoral system. As a past instigator and General Secretary of the International Broadcasting Trust, he is likely to have an interest in the media and 'Information Superhighway' issues. Had a short ministerial spell at the old DSS prior to the 2001 election and has remained on the back benches since then.
Political History - Councillor, Camden Borough Council (1980-86), Member of the York Authority (1988-90), MP York (1992-2010), MP York Central (2010-). Member Health Select Committee (1992-97). Introduced a Bill to curb Tobacco advertising. Former Chairman of the Overseas Development All Party Group, and former Joint Vice Chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party International Development Committee (until 1999), Chairman (2001-). Chairman of Africa All-Party Parliamentary Group. PPS at the Department of Health (1997-99) (to Rt. Hon Frank Dobson MP). Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department of Social Security (1999-2001). Member of the International Development Select Committee (2001-). Member of the Chairman's Panel (2005-).
Characteristics - Particularly conscious of health issues. Member of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association and a delegate to the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe. Has a facebook account:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hugh-Bayley/308944234703?ref=ts.
Business Tel: 020 7219 6824
Interests: Environment,Overseas Development,Media,Health
- International Development Committee (Member)
- Air Ambulances Group (Member)
- Arts and Heritage Group (Member)
- BBC Group (Member)
- Climate Change Group (Member)
- Connecting Communities Group (Member)
- Anti-Corruption Group (Member)
- Flood Prevention Group (Member)
- Global Health Group (Member)
- Historic Churches (Associate Group) (Member)
- ITV Group (Member)
- Recognition of Munitions Workers Group (Member)
- Photography Group (Member)
- 2014 Yorkshire and UK Tour de France Group (Member)
- Tourism Group (Member)
- Trade out of Poverty Group (Member)
- Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire Group (Member)
- Afghanistan Group (Member)
- Africa Group (Vice Chairman)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Group (Member)
- British Caribbean Group (Member)
- Ghana Group (Member)
- British-Italian Group (Member)
- Britain-Republic of Korea Group (Member)
- British-Latvian Group (Member)
- British-Mozambique Group (Member)
- British-Namibia Group (Member)
- Republic of Sudan and South Sudan (Associate Group) (Member)
- British-Swiss Group (Member)
- Tanzania Group (Member)
Yorkshire and the Humber (European Parliament)
Mr Mike Hookem MEP (UKIP)
MEP Since - 2014. Born - 19. Married.
Education - N/a.
Previous Occupation - Served for four years in the Royal Air Force (RAF). Property Manager, Residential Property Group Ltd (2011-13). Researcher for Godfry Bloom MEP.
Personal Overview - Since joining the party in 2008 he has been active in the Yorkshire Region and was a candidate at the 2010 General Election in Hull. Within UKIP as the Chair of the Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire Region he has been active in setting up a Regional Training Team to give help and support to those members wishing to stand for the party in local or Westminster elections. During the 2014 European Election campaign he received several death threats after a spelling mistake on his business card was printed in the Private Eye magazine along with his mobile phone number.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2008). General Election candidate for Hull East (2010). Chairman of the Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire Region Committee (2011-14). MEP Yorkshire & The Humber Region (2014-). Member of the Subcommittee on Security and Defence (2014-). Substitute member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (2014-). Substitute member of the Committee on Fisheries (2014-).
Other Information - He spent nine years as a reservist for the Commando Engineers.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32(0)2 28 45561
- Foreign Affairs (Member)
- Fisheries (Member)
- Subcommittee on Security & Defence (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org