Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
York Central (House of Commons)
Mr Hugh Bayley MP (Labour)
Surgery: 59 Holgate Road
Surgery Tel: 01904 623713
MP Since - 1992 Majority - 6,451 Born - 09/01/1952, Married, 1 son, 1 daughter.
Education - Haileybury School, Bristol University, York University.
Previous Occupation - National Officer (NALGO) (1975-82). General Secretary International Broadcasting Trust (making films on the Environment & International Development for Channel 4) (1982-86), Lecturer in Social Policy at the University of York (1986-92). Research Fellow in Health Economics (1987-92).
Personal Overview - A moderate Labour member, with University and Trade Union experience. He has interests in Health, economic policy, World Development and reform of the electoral system. As a past instigator and General Secretary of the International Broadcasting Trust, he is likely to have an interest in the media and 'Information Superhighway' issues. Had a short ministerial spell at the old DSS prior to the 2001 election and has remained on the back benches since then.
Political History - Councillor, Camden Borough Council (1980-86), Member of the York Authority (1988-90), MP York (1992-2010), MP York Central (2010-). Member Health Select Committee (1992-97). Introduced a Bill to curb Tobacco advertising. Former Chairman of the Overseas Development All Party Group, and former Joint Vice Chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party International Development Committee (until 1999), Chairman (2001-). Chairman of Africa All-Party Parliamentary Group. PPS at the Department of Health (1997-99) (to Rt. Hon Frank Dobson MP). Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department of Social Security (1999-2001). Member of the International Development Select Committee (2001-). Member of the Chairman's Panel (2005-).
Characteristics - Particularly conscious of health issues. Member of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association and a delegate to the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe. Has a facebook account:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hugh-Bayley/308944234703?ref=ts.
Business Tel: 020 7219 6824
Interests: Environment,Overseas Development,Media,Health
- International Development Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Arts and Heritage Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary BBC Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Climate Change Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Connecting Communities (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Anti-Corruption (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Electoral Reform (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on English Language Teaching (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Flood Prevention Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Health (Vice Chairman)
- Historic Churches (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary ITV Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Recognition of Munitions Workers (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Photography (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Population, Development and Reproductive Health (Member)
- Tourism Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Trade out of Poverty (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire (Member)
- Afghanistan (Associate Group) (Member)
- Africa Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Bosnia and Herzegovina (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Ghana Group (Member)
- All-Party British-Italian Parliamentary Group (Member)
- All-Party Britain-Republic of Korea Parliamentary Group (Member)
- British-Latvian Group (Member)
- Madagascar Group (Member)
- British-Mozambique Group (Member)
- British-Namibia Group (Member)
- Republic of Sudan and South Sudan (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party British-Swiss Parliamentary Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Tanzania (Member)
Yorkshire and the Humber (European Parliament)
Ms Rebecca Taylor MEP (Liberal Democrat)
MEP Since - 2012 Born - 10/08/1975.
Education - Robinwood and Todmorden High schools. University of Sheffield. University of Leeds (BA in Japanese and Management Studies). University of Kent (MA in International Relations). Kings College London (MA in Public Health).
Previous Occupation - Public affairs assistant, Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association Europe (1998-2000). Web Editor/Journalist, IMS Health, Brussels, Belgium (2000-2001). Information and communications officer, Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union, Brussels, Belgium (2002-2005). External Communications Manager at the International Federation of Animal Health (IFAH and IFAH-Europe), Brussels, Belgium (2005-2006). Consultant, Food, Health and Retail team at Fleishman-Hillard, Brussels, Belgium (2006-2009). Stakeholder Relations Manager, NHS Commissioning Support for London, London, UK (2009-2010). Senior Researcher at the International Longevity Centre - UK, London, UK (2010-2011). Account Director in the Healthcare team at Hanover Communications, London, UK (2011-2012).
Personal Overview - Replaced former MEP Diana Wallis in this seat in 2012 after she decided to stand down. Her family background stems from Todmorden in West Yorkshire where both her parents were former Mayors. She has a career background working in public affairs/communications both in the UK and in Brussels, as well as working in the health sector helping patients to improve NHS services. Politically, she is a third generation Liberal Party member and has shown a particular interest in public health issues. Her main areas of interest being malnutrition, childhood obesity, older peoples health, vaccination, and health inequalities. She has also been involved in health policy research as well as helping health sector organisations with their communications.
Political History - Local Party Executive member (2002-2005) and local Party Chair (2006-2008) of the Brussels and Europe Liberal Democrats. Liberal Democrat member (2002-). European parliamentary candidate for the Yorkshire and Humber region (2009). General Election candidate for Rotherham (2010). MEP Yorkshire & The Humber Region (2012-). Substitute member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2012-). Member of the Committee on Legal Affairs (2012-).
Other Information - N/a.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45201
Interests: Environment,Economic Regeneration,Public Health,Health & Safety,Employment,Youth Issues
- Legal Affairs (Member)
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com