Cruel punishment

Cruel punishment

Cruel punishment

First published in Letters by

SIX thousand people in York and North Yorkshire have needed help from food banks in the past year (The Press, June 9).

This coalition Government is really taking this country back to the Victorian age.

Iain Duncan Smith, the Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions, really doesn’t have a clue as to what damage he is going to individuals and families.

How can he when he has a salary of around £100,000 plus, and then expenses, secretaries, office expenses and Government paid-for chauffeur driven transport.

Isn’t it time that the Tories and the Lib Dems put their hands up and admitted they are ruining the most vulnerable in today’s society in Britain. God help us if we have more of this cruel punishment.

Go now is the call. At least the Lib Dems should do the honourable thing and pull out of the coalition and force the Tories out of office by causing an early General Election.

Come on Nick Clegg, get off your knees and step up to the plate. You never know, you might win back a few of your voters by being strong and not a lap dog.

Howard Perry, St James Place, Dringhouses, York.

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:33am Fri 13 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that. CHISSY1
  • Score: -74

9:45am Fri 13 Jun 14

Yorkieand says...

The Lib Dems will never pull out of the coalition under Clegg. They should never have gone into one in the first place but a few of them saw a chance for a bit of power.

We do indeed need the Tories out. Next year we get our chance.
The Lib Dems will never pull out of the coalition under Clegg. They should never have gone into one in the first place but a few of them saw a chance for a bit of power. We do indeed need the Tories out. Next year we get our chance. Yorkieand
  • Score: 0

11:46am Fri 13 Jun 14

Jonothon says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
Hi Chissy,
I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so.
I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: 6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.[/p][/quote]Hi Chissy, I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so. I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly. Jonothon
  • Score: 34

1:48pm Fri 13 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
Hi Chissy,
I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so.
I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.
And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.
[quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: 6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.[/p][/quote]Hi Chissy, I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so. I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.[/p][/quote]And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself. CHISSY1
  • Score: -52

5:43pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Jonothon says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
Hi Chissy,
I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so.
I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.
And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.
We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts.
It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes.

There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof.

You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: 6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.[/p][/quote]Hi Chissy, I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so. I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.[/p][/quote]And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.[/p][/quote]We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts. It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes. There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof. You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts. Jonothon
  • Score: 33

6:34pm Fri 13 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
Hi Chissy,
I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so.
I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.
And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.
We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts.
It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes.

There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof.

You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts.
I originally questioned the claim that 6000 needed help,that is garbage.And you sir are one of the brainwashed people that i mentioned you have rambled on,so what are you saying?.
[quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: 6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.[/p][/quote]Hi Chissy, I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so. I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.[/p][/quote]And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.[/p][/quote]We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts. It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes. There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof. You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts.[/p][/quote]I originally questioned the claim that 6000 needed help,that is garbage.And you sir are one of the brainwashed people that i mentioned you have rambled on,so what are you saying?. CHISSY1
  • Score: -42

7:26pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Jonothon says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.
Hi Chissy,
I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so.
I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.
And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.
We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts.
It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes.

There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof.

You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts.
I originally questioned the claim that 6000 needed help,that is garbage.And you sir are one of the brainwashed people that i mentioned you have rambled on,so what are you saying?.
What am I saying? you ask Sorry Chissy, can't read it out to you, but you can read it yourself.

In a nutshell, all the evidence from multiple sources shows that you are wrong, poverty is real. And being abusive does not really help your (non-existent) case.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: 6000 people needed help,you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that.[/p][/quote]Hi Chissy, I believe it. There is plenty of evidence that it is so. I would like to see your counter-evidence. If you are just expressing a right wing opinion unsupported by facts, readers will value it accordingly.[/p][/quote]And how am i supposed to do that?.I can name names in Haxby to name just one place, who are nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits and no doubt doing the same thing with these food banks.And just to make it clear,unlike a lot of people on this site,i am not brainwashed by politicians everything i say is not influenced by anyone,i can think for myself.[/p][/quote]We have been here before and you refuse to engage with the facts. It is not just food banks, all the evidence points in the same direction. Every city has a rash of payday loan shops leading people into the misery of unmanageable debt. Debt relief agencies are unable to cope with the volume of new clients, pawnshops have returned in numbers unprecedented since Victorian times and the Samaritans report that debt related suicide is a fast growing problem. Schools are reporting an increase in the volume of children arriving in school without eating a breakfast and with inadequate clothing last winter. Charities report that last winter many elderly had to choose between heating and food. And of course there is the demand for food banks. There is much more but space precludes. There is some of the counter evidence you asked for, though I would call it proof. You offer heresay and rightwing abuse, a poor substitute for assembling a body of facts.[/p][/quote]I originally questioned the claim that 6000 needed help,that is garbage.And you sir are one of the brainwashed people that i mentioned you have rambled on,so what are you saying?.[/p][/quote]What am I saying? you ask Sorry Chissy, can't read it out to you, but you can read it yourself. In a nutshell, all the evidence from multiple sources shows that you are wrong, poverty is real. And being abusive does not really help your (non-existent) case. Jonothon
  • Score: 34

8:40pm Fri 13 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to. CHISSY1
  • Score: -37

8:45pm Fri 13 Jun 14

bolero says...

I don't have any facts but I don't believe it either. It's there and available so let's have some. It's hard when ciggies are so expensive, there's the mobile to pay for, the TV licence to watch the huge flatscreen, the lottery tickets,etc.etc. No facts but plenty evidence. Or have I got my priorities wrong?
I don't have any facts but I don't believe it either. It's there and available so let's have some. It's hard when ciggies are so expensive, there's the mobile to pay for, the TV licence to watch the huge flatscreen, the lottery tickets,etc.etc. No facts but plenty evidence. Or have I got my priorities wrong? bolero
  • Score: 0

11:32pm Fri 13 Jun 14

wallman says...

Mr. Perry have you been to a food bank to see who use's them? no I thought not
Mr. Perry have you been to a food bank to see who use's them? no I thought not wallman
  • Score: 2

11:38pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Jonothon says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2 Jonothon
  • Score: 39

8:54am Sat 14 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.
[quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2[/p][/quote]What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance. CHISSY1
  • Score: -49

9:30am Sat 14 Jun 14

julia brica says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.
Sorry Chissi 1 he is not one of them. However he and his fellow travellers have been described as "Useful Idiots" by the very people they fawn over.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2[/p][/quote]What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.[/p][/quote]Sorry Chissi 1 he is not one of them. However he and his fellow travellers have been described as "Useful Idiots" by the very people they fawn over. julia brica
  • Score: -80

7:40am Sun 15 Jun 14

Thecynic says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.
CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities?

The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain.
That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help.
If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable.
In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2[/p][/quote]What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.[/p][/quote]CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities? The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain. That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help. If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable. In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right. Thecynic
  • Score: 12

1:21pm Sun 15 Jun 14

CHISSY1 says...

Thecynic wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.
CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities?

The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain.
That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help.
If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable.
In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right.
Just to clarify matters i have reported the scum that i have being referring to,what has happened,nothing.And dont mention the Police to me,my step son in law is a policeman so i know how the system works.Actually your post is offensive.I worked for 50 years and never claimed anything.
[quote][p][bold]Thecynic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2[/p][/quote]What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.[/p][/quote]CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities? The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain. That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help. If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable. In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right.[/p][/quote]Just to clarify matters i have reported the scum that i have being referring to,what has happened,nothing.And dont mention the Police to me,my step son in law is a policeman so i know how the system works.Actually your post is offensive.I worked for 50 years and never claimed anything. CHISSY1
  • Score: -11

5:06pm Sun 15 Jun 14

Thecynic says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Thecynic wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.
Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above

"nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2
What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.
CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities?

The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain.
That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help.
If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable.
In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right.
Just to clarify matters i have reported the scum that i have being referring to,what has happened,nothing.And dont mention the Police to me,my step son in law is a policeman so i know how the system works.Actually your post is offensive.I worked for 50 years and never claimed anything.
Ah I see. That explains it. Now that the last piece of the puzzle has clicked into place I understand your problem. Many Thanks.
Maybe the police and DWP have made enquiries and found nothing wrong? Did they keep you informed as to what they were doing?
I'm sorry if you are so easily offended, but I bet there are a good few thousand others who have also been offended by your more explicit, hate filled views than my tame ones. DEAL WITH IT, GET OVER IT, AND GET A LIFE! Just as many other decent people have to, after reading your views.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thecynic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: I am not being abusive,I am disputing the claim that 6000 people needed help.I know for certain there are people using this facility because it is there to be used,get your head out of the sand .Have you heard of that creature called White Dee,just the sort of thing i am referring to.[/p][/quote]Here is an example of Chissy not being abusive, pasted from one of his contributions above "nothing but lazy scrounging toe rags who know how to work the system regarding benefits2[/p][/quote]What would you call a family who have never worked, claim for and get virtually every benefit going including a mobility car.They are serial shoplifters drink vodka like water,smoke.They are a real family and not the only ones.But obviously you have no problem with scum like that,you would not be one of them by any chance.[/p][/quote]CHISSY1, I can see that this issue gets you emotionally charged, and rightly so. However, instead of publicly posting your inference, (either intentional or not?) that no-one needs/deserves help, (or very few at least) and that most, if not all? those who claim benefits fall into the category you describe. Why not, (assuming you have evidence to back up your claims?) report these individuals that you know or know of, to the relevant authorities? The Police for instance, are always asking for the public's help to solve crime, if you know of people who break the law, then why do you withhold this evidence? Withholding evidence as you may or may not know? is against the law. Similarly regarding the benefits claims you refer to. If you think that some of those who you know, or know of, are claiming benefits fraudulently? then please report them to the nearest Jobcenter or contact the DWP. They will investigate and take appropriate action, and hopefully save the taxpayer money into the bargain. That CHISSY is the right thing to do, not the actions you take by appearing and publicly posting generic remarks which in the vast majority of cases, is undeserved, unhelpful, non-constructive, biased, and insulting to those genuine majority who are in desperate need of help. If as is probably the case, you have no evidence at all? but base your comments on your own opinions? Then please try to write your posts without seeming to generically insult those who are most needy and vulnerable. In my humble opinion, based on reading what you have posted, I would say that you have a tendency to be jealous of those you purport to be criminals/abusing the system. Whereas, an honest hard working citizen would do the right thing, and report these things to the relevent authorities without displaying any emotional traits such as jealousy or satisfaction. Simply because they were doing what was right.[/p][/quote]Just to clarify matters i have reported the scum that i have being referring to,what has happened,nothing.And dont mention the Police to me,my step son in law is a policeman so i know how the system works.Actually your post is offensive.I worked for 50 years and never claimed anything.[/p][/quote]Ah I see. That explains it. Now that the last piece of the puzzle has clicked into place I understand your problem. Many Thanks. Maybe the police and DWP have made enquiries and found nothing wrong? Did they keep you informed as to what they were doing? I'm sorry if you are so easily offended, but I bet there are a good few thousand others who have also been offended by your more explicit, hate filled views than my tame ones. DEAL WITH IT, GET OVER IT, AND GET A LIFE! Just as many other decent people have to, after reading your views. Thecynic
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree