Action support

Action support

Action support

Published in Letters by

THE response by Coun James Alexander (Challenging costs, March 22) to my letter (We’re badly served, March 5) is welcome, but I would still like to respond to his remarks.

He is right that the first application was submitted in 2001 and that the Secretary of State granted outline permission in 2007. However, he fails to mention that the developers took almost five years before they submitted a reserved matters application in 2012; and that they also, shortly afterwards, submitted an application to extend the outline permission in order to delay the implementation of the development by up to a further 12 years.

That application is so far undetermined but could well come forward in the future.

He refers to “legal challenges one after the other” but he must appreciate that the parish council commenced judicial review proceedings against his administration’s decision to approve the reserved matters application in 2013 and that this case is still progressing.

The Fulford community has been supportive of the legal action and has contributed more than £6,000 to the Germany Beck fighting fund.

May I thank the organisers of the ‘Help Save Fulford’ event and all residents who have contributed so generously.

Further at fulfordparishcouncil.org.uk

Alan Smith, Chair of Fulford parish council, Fordlands Road, Fulford, York

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:11am Thu 27 Mar 14

think! says...

For further information please also check out Facebook.com/helpsav
efulford and follow on twitter @helpsavefulford. We need your support to challenge this very flawed planning permission that allows Persimmon homes to build houses in flood zones 2 and 3 and that annihilates the historic landscape of the 1066 battle of Fulford.
For further information please also check out Facebook.com/helpsav efulford and follow on twitter @helpsavefulford. We need your support to challenge this very flawed planning permission that allows Persimmon homes to build houses in flood zones 2 and 3 and that annihilates the historic landscape of the 1066 battle of Fulford. think!
  • Score: -44

12:50pm Thu 27 Mar 14

oi oi savaloy says...

think! wrote:
For further information please also check out Facebook.com/helpsav

efulford and follow on twitter @helpsavefulford. We need your support to challenge this very flawed planning permission that allows Persimmon homes to build houses in flood zones 2 and 3 and that annihilates the historic landscape of the 1066 battle of Fulford.
I will sign up to twitter and follow you! also is there a @helpsaveyork ? if not it is badly needed.
[quote][p][bold]think![/bold] wrote: For further information please also check out Facebook.com/helpsav efulford and follow on twitter @helpsavefulford. We need your support to challenge this very flawed planning permission that allows Persimmon homes to build houses in flood zones 2 and 3 and that annihilates the historic landscape of the 1066 battle of Fulford.[/p][/quote]I will sign up to twitter and follow you! also is there a @helpsaveyork ? if not it is badly needed. oi oi savaloy
  • Score: -31

3:41pm Thu 27 Mar 14

Badgers Drift says...

"He is right that the first application was submitted in 2001...." [/quote)

You are both wrong !

The 2001 planning application was the third. The first outline planning application was submitted in 1989, when the site was under Selby.

The site was considered for development in the Greater York Study in 1991, and as a result was proposed for residential development in the Consultation Draft Selby District Local Plan.

After the boundary reorganisation brought the site within the City of York in 1996, the council allocated the site for housing in York's draft Local Plan in 1998.

At these times James Alexander was still a schoolboy, not living in York.
[quote] "He is right that the first application was submitted in 2001...." [/quote) You are both wrong ! The 2001 planning application was the third. The first outline planning application was submitted in 1989, when the site was under Selby. The site was considered for development in the Greater York Study in 1991, and as a result was proposed for residential development in the Consultation Draft Selby District Local Plan. After the boundary reorganisation brought the site within the City of York in 1996, the council allocated the site for housing in York's draft Local Plan in 1998. At these times James Alexander was still a schoolboy, not living in York. Badgers Drift
  • Score: -31

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree