Resign at council

Resign at council

Resign at council

First published in Letters by

I THINK it is really time that councillors Alexander, Laing and Merrett should think about resigning.

Between them they have brought nothing but chaos to this city, they may have fancy titles and no doubt qualifications coming out of their ears, but do not seem to have an ounce of common sense.

And if Dave Merrett thinks we can all afford to go out and buy an electric-type car, well he has surely lost the plot.

Oh and by the way, could someone please stop messrs McGurn and Hepworth from writing, as they are boring beyond belief.

D M Dale, Clifton Moor, York

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:46pm Mon 24 Mar 14

Prob says...

As i sit on my computer, looking at the world outside, all i can see is absolute chaos. Total carnage. It's armageddon.

Hmm.
As i sit on my computer, looking at the world outside, all i can see is absolute chaos. Total carnage. It's armageddon. Hmm. Prob
  • Score: 12

2:50pm Mon 24 Mar 14

Badgers Drift says...

Thoughts are not enough, actions are required.

They should go.
Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go. Badgers Drift
  • Score: -23

4:48pm Mon 24 Mar 14

Paul Hepworth says...

Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!!
Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!! Paul Hepworth
  • Score: 18

4:50pm Mon 24 Mar 14

wallman says...

they wont give up well paid jobs for the boys/girls no matter how much they ruin YORK
they wont give up well paid jobs for the boys/girls no matter how much they ruin YORK wallman
  • Score: -16

7:06pm Mon 24 Mar 14

Jonothon says...

Badgers Drift wrote:
Thoughts are not enough, actions are required.

They should go.
I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off
[quote][p][bold]Badgers Drift[/bold] wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.[/p][/quote]I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off Jonothon
  • Score: 28

8:11pm Mon 24 Mar 14

bolero says...

Paul Hepworth wrote:
Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!!
Now that is a great idea.
[quote][p][bold]Paul Hepworth[/bold] wrote: Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!![/p][/quote]Now that is a great idea. bolero
  • Score: -20

12:11am Tue 25 Mar 14

AnotherPointofView says...

Paul Hepworth wrote:
Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!!
No? It just feels that way.
[quote][p][bold]Paul Hepworth[/bold] wrote: Stop me submitting readers letters...? And I didn't even make the top ten writers chart for 2013!![/p][/quote]No? It just feels that way. AnotherPointofView
  • Score: 0

2:33am Tue 25 Mar 14

anistasia says...

No matter who we get in to run the council they all end up being the same like general government is one better than the other.if this council was voted out what other political party would take over could be better could be worse.at least with York council we know where we are and what the council think of us.the old saying we are treated like mushrooms.kept in the dark and fed ****.
No matter who we get in to run the council they all end up being the same like general government is one better than the other.if this council was voted out what other political party would take over could be better could be worse.at least with York council we know where we are and what the council think of us.the old saying we are treated like mushrooms.kept in the dark and fed ****. anistasia
  • Score: -5

9:53am Tue 25 Mar 14

The Great Buda says...

Jonothon wrote:
Badgers Drift wrote:
Thoughts are not enough, actions are required.

They should go.
I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off
Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week?
[quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Badgers Drift[/bold] wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.[/p][/quote]I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off[/p][/quote]Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week? The Great Buda
  • Score: 4

5:05pm Tue 25 Mar 14

jay, york says...

The Great Buda wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
Badgers Drift wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.
I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off
Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week?
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps if you were not so arrogant, if showed some respect and if were actually prepared to listen to peoples opinions, you may not get so much constant sniping and criticism??? People skills go a long way in any situation.

You and your Leisure, Tourism and Culture councillor say have both said here that you do not want visitors to York ( you actually called them "idiots") who have unwittingly driven over Lendal Bridge - thats 80% of all fines issued. These visitors, came to spend time and money in this wonderfuld City of York - and you send out this sort of message and say ytou do not want them here. I wouldnt call this encouraging tourism and business in the City.
[quote][p][bold]The Great Buda[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Badgers Drift[/bold] wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.[/p][/quote]I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off[/p][/quote]Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week?[/p][/quote]Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps if you were not so arrogant, if showed some respect and if were actually prepared to listen to peoples opinions, you may not get so much constant sniping and criticism??? People skills go a long way in any situation. You and your Leisure, Tourism and Culture councillor say have both said here that you do not want visitors to York ( you actually called them "idiots") who have unwittingly driven over Lendal Bridge - thats 80% of all fines issued. These visitors, came to spend time and money in this wonderfuld City of York - and you send out this sort of message and say ytou do not want them here. I wouldnt call this encouraging tourism and business in the City. jay, york
  • Score: -21

7:35pm Wed 26 Mar 14

Buzzz Light-year says...

jay, york wrote:
The Great Buda wrote:
Jonothon wrote:
Badgers Drift wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.
I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off
Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week?
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps if you were not so arrogant, if showed some respect and if were actually prepared to listen to peoples opinions, you may not get so much constant sniping and criticism??? People skills go a long way in any situation.

You and your Leisure, Tourism and Culture councillor say have both said here that you do not want visitors to York ( you actually called them "idiots") who have unwittingly driven over Lendal Bridge - thats 80% of all fines issued. These visitors, came to spend time and money in this wonderfuld City of York - and you send out this sort of message and say ytou do not want them here. I wouldnt call this encouraging tourism and business in the City.
Think you missed the joke by a few hundred miles.
[quote][p][bold]jay, york[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Great Buda[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonothon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Badgers Drift[/bold] wrote: Thoughts are not enough, actions are required. They should go.[/p][/quote]I understand there is an architect of this parish (Royston Vazey) going to stand against them on an anti-Marxist ticket. That should see them off[/p][/quote]Now that would be funny. I wonder how he'd take to constant sniping and critisism week after week?[/p][/quote]Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps if you were not so arrogant, if showed some respect and if were actually prepared to listen to peoples opinions, you may not get so much constant sniping and criticism??? People skills go a long way in any situation. You and your Leisure, Tourism and Culture councillor say have both said here that you do not want visitors to York ( you actually called them "idiots") who have unwittingly driven over Lendal Bridge - thats 80% of all fines issued. These visitors, came to spend time and money in this wonderfuld City of York - and you send out this sort of message and say ytou do not want them here. I wouldnt call this encouraging tourism and business in the City.[/p][/quote]Think you missed the joke by a few hundred miles. Buzzz Light-year
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree