Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
I SEE there is another article in The Press (February 20) about someone living in a home with severe mould.
While I appreciate this is a real problem for the family concerned, what I don’t understand is why this problem only seems to occur in council houses – or at least it only reaches the pages of your newspaper when it is a council house. Why is this? Are council houses poorly built and therefore more prone to damp?
Or is there another agenda – ie that tenants think mould can be used as a bargaining tool to enable them to move into a bigger house, whereas people living in privately-rented or privately-owned houses do not have this motivation and deal with it themselves.
Gill Thompson, Skiddaw, York.
Comments are closed on this article.