It's important to introduce a new pet into the household with lots of care and attention, not least in households where there are yourng children. The 'settling in' period is an important time for family and pet to get to one other, and it's vital not to overlook a few basic strategies to keep everyone safe and happy.
- Celebrate Burns Night
- Statin use may be widening health inequalities in England
- Angry Twitter communities linked to heart deaths
- New heart attack test shows promise for women
- Claims that 'men worsen labour pains' are unproven
Buy & Sell
- Antiques and collectables (4)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (4)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (2)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (1)
- Furniture and furnishings (16)
- Gardening and Outdoors (1)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - Ivy Day
DAY Ivy (nee Dale) Passed away peacefully on Friday, January 16th at York Hospital, aged 93.
Birthdays - Sophie Louise Freeman
SOPHIE LOUISE FREEMAN To our very special daughter Sophie Happy 11th Birthday. Lots of love Mum,
Marriages - Gordon and Rebecca Warriner - Hammond
Warriner - Hammond Gordon Alan & Rebecca Jane Congratulations on your recent Engagement.
Births - sarah and steve pearson and lee
PEARSON and LEE To Sarah and Steve A son, Ryan Michael Born on December 30th, 2014. Weighing 7lb