REGIONAL law firm Andrew Jackson has recruited senior solicitor Joanne Brennan to its growing property department.
With more than 20 years’ specialist experience covering both freehold and leasehold properties, Mrs Brennan will provide residential conveyancing services from the firm’s York office at York Science Park.
• ENGINEERING company Portasilo, which specialises in the design and manufacture of bulk material handling systems, has made two key appointments to strengthen its sales and project teams.
With almost 40 years’ experience of the industry, Kevin Storey joins the senior management team as head of sales.
The appointment marks a return to the Shepherd Group, which owns Portasilo, as Mr Storey started his career as an apprentice at Shepherd Engineering Services.
Also joining the company is Joe Ellerton who has been recruited to the drawing office as project engineering manager responsible for mechanical and electrical design.
• JANE TYLER, managing director of York-based RedBlack Software has joined the executive committee of the British Society of Baking (BSB).
RedBlack Software is the creator of the CyBake range of software solutions for retail and wholesale bakeries, with Mrs Tyler now the first person from the IT industry to be invited to the association’s top ranks.
Mrs Tyler was asked to join after presenting a seminar at the BSB’s autumn conference in October, 2014.
• A NEW senior account executive has been appointed by York insurance brokers, PB Curran, to spearhead its growth in agriculture and rural business throughout Yorkshire and the North East.
He is farmer’s son Edwin Southwell, an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Insurers and a chartered insurance practitioner, who has worked in farm insurance since becoming National Farmers’ Union York group secretary in 1981.
• EAST Riding law firm Murray Hills, with branches in Beverley, Bridlington and Hull, has appointed solicitor Phil Jones, as the firm becomes official short sponsors for Hull Kingston Rovers. Mr Jones started his new position in January to spearhead the busy conveyancing department in the firms Bridlington office.
• HARROGATE insurance provider NCI Group has announced two new senior appointments after taking on Andrew Mirfin as national account manager and Simon Berry as account manager.
The firm said the appointments will enhance its strategic growth plans across pet, motor, breakdown and claims services.
Mr Mirfin joins from Broker Network, part of the Towergate Group, and has more than 20 years experience working for large financial services firms including Aviva and Bradford & Bingley, while Mr Berry joins from Direct Line Group.
• PR and communications agency Acceleris has announced two senior management promotions.
The Harrogate firm’s managing director Peter Davenport is moving up to the role of chief executive and director Louise Vaughan, previously head of PR, is being promoted to managing director.
Acceleris chairman Nigel Howes said: “The agency achieved many good things in 2014 laying positive foundations for what promises to be an exciting 2015.”