Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Finalists chosen in The Press Business Awards
THE contenders for the biggest ever Press Business Awards have been chosen.
From more than 220 entries, another record year, the judges worked tirelessly to choose finalists in 15 different categories.
The 37 businesses and individuals will now be visited by judges to decide the winners, who will be announced at a glamorous black-tie event at York Racecourse on November 15.
One of the finalists will also be chosen as The Press’s overall Business Of The Year at the awards, which are in their 22nd year, and the winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award will also be announced.
The shortlist of 2012 features winners from 2011 defending their titles based on their successes in the last year, including Nestlé and MORMusic. Other familiar names have won in previous years and are contesting different categories as they grow and thrive.
Profiles of all finalists and entrants in the 2012 competition can be seen at thepressbusinessawards.co.uk
This year’s finalists at a glance:
• Small Business Of The Year: Orillo Productions; Web Adventure Park; United By Design
• Growth Business Of The Year: PureNet; Inspirepac; UK Juicers Limited
• Family Business Of The Year: El Piano; Wold Top Brewery; Ryedale Group
• Think Green Business Of The Year: Nestlé; S Harrison; Monkbar Hotel
• Retailer Of The Year: MOR Music; York Cocoa House; CycleStreet (York)
• Young Entrepreneur Of The Year: Edward Wilkinson, Herb Fed Poultry Ltd; Ben Allen, Oomph; Faye Larcum, Eminence Nail Salons
• Business Personality Of The Year: Paul Gibson, PureNet; Peter Gibson, Coles Solicitors; Julie Dodsworth, Dodsworth Ltd
• Tourism and Hospitality Business Of The Year: El Piano; Best Western Plus Dean Court Hotel; Bedern Hall
• Best Business and Community Link: Aviva ; York Marriott; Wolseley UK
• Sustainable Travel Initiative: York Marriott; H&A; University of York
• New Business Of The Year: The Distance; The Law Wizard; Blake House
• Women in Enterprise: Ann Scott, S Harrison; Emily Williamson, Hotel du Vin; Juliana Delaney, Continuum Group
• Best Business and Higher Education Link: East Coast Mainline; Ryedale Group; The Distance
• Large Business Of The Year: Nestlé: York Mailing Ltd; Omnicom Engineering Limited
• Dare to Export: Isotoma Limited; York Mailing Ltd; Food Analysis Performance Assessment Scheme (FAPAS)