A BURST of five second-half tries propelled York Acorn ARLC 'A' to a 36-18 victory over Holderness Vikings in the Yorkshire Men's League premier division.

The Blue and Golds trailed 6-0 after ten minutes and were being held 12-12 at the break, but they turned on the style in the second period.

Scrum-half George Grassby crossed for the Thanet Road visitors on ten minutes and stand-off Lewis Suddaby converted.

However, loose forward Jordan Hyde crossed on 26 minutes and Antony Chilton goaled to level the scores.

Centre Ryan Gallacher nosed Acorn in front on 35 minutes, Chilton again adding the extras, but the Vikings equalised when Suddaby goaled hookerJohn McCloud's try.

The second half was a different story as Acorn forged ahead with a Chilton try on 42 minutes, Matthew Woods touched down on 53 minutes and Josh Thompson went over three minutes later.

A try from McCloud, converted by Suddaby, brought brief respite on 63 minutes, but Acorn substitute Nick Speck crossed four minutes later and Chilton added the extras.

A minute later full-back Joel Johnson was over the whitewash, Chilton rounding off the scoring with his fourth goal.

Heworth 'A' were 36-12 winners at Scarborough Pirates 'A' in group 2, but the result was marred by a serious neck injury to outstanding Villagers full-back Lewis Hartley.

The incident happened after 48 minutes when the teenager was tackled in possession and was unable to regain his feet.

As a result, the game was stopped for 40 minutes while paramedics gave treatment before he was taken to Scarborough Hospital.

In the first half, the young Villagers tackled well to hold a big Pirates team at bay, then showed their skill with the ball to build up a 22-6 lead at the break.

Tries came from George Wilkinson (2), Ross Varley and Joe Deighton, to which Adam Caddie added three goals.

In a subdued second period, Deighton added his second touchdown, Wilkinson completed a fine hat-trick and Mike Crossman also scored, with Caddie adding one more goal.

Heworth were well served by Johnny Marwood, Max and Sam Colley, along with Ian Hebditch.

York Lokomotives' unbeaten start to the season came to a crashing halt at the hands of hosts Dudley Hill, who won 42-18.

The Lokos opened the scoring with a try by winger Stu Dickenson, but that was the only highlight of a woeful afternoon for the visitors as Dudley Hill scored three unanswered tries to lead 14-4 at half-time.

Two Dudley Hill tries in as many minutes after the restart ended the match as a contest.

The Lokos did manage to cross the whitewash for tries by Tim Lewis and Gareth Pollock as the Bradford outfit took their foot of the gas, only for the visitors' inability to defend resulting in three further converted tries.

The Lokos grabbed a last minute consolation through Dickenson, with Tom Dunmore converting.

Full-back Tim Lewis was Lokos' man of the match, with forwards Joe Fish and Ricky James trying in vain in a shocking display.