Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves

York Press: Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves

A PAN of oil sparked a 999 drama when it was left unattended on a hob in a kitchen in Neville Terrace, The Groves, this afternoon, and ignited.

The flames damaged the oven, nearby cupboards and an extractor unit before it was extinguished.

The occupant used a dry powder fire extinguisher to put the blaze out before firefighters arrived.

Paramedics also attended and gave two women a precautionay check-up.

Firefighters gave the occupant advice on how to prevent a similar incident in future.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree