Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Woman given oxygen by Pocklington firefighters after inhaling smoke
A WOMAN suffered from smoke inhalation during a fire at a property in Pocklington earlier today.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters administered oxygen to the woman, who was left in the care of an ambulance crew.
A spokesman said the fire, which happened at 9.23 am and involved a plastic bowl on top of a cooker in Wold Garth, Burnby Lane, had activated a smoke alarm. Firefighters ventilated the premises, he added.