Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Man suffers burns to his hand in Harrogate basement fire
9:14am Friday 13th September 2013 in News
THE resident of a basement flat suffered burns to his fingers when an electric socket burst into flames.
Fire crews from Harrogate and Knaresborough dealt with the blaze in Kings Road, Harrogate, which is believed to have been started by a defective electrical connection shortly before 1am this morning.
The flat’s resident was given first aid at the scene before being taken to hospital by ambulance. There was minor damage to the flat’s wall and the socket.